Wednesday, February 13, 2008
It's not to hot. Don't tell the kids that. They don't know what it will be like. We've been in AC most of the time and it really hasn't been that bad outside. So far, the kids are loving it here. We've seen lots of lizards and the grounds here at the hotel are very nice; pool, small playground, and paths through beautiful plants.
Tomorrow we are planning to drive to Trujillo, but the rental van's AC doesn't work. They are to come to the hotel in the morning and either fix it or give us another van. We'll see! Pray that they can fix it fast and that we'll be on out way before eleven.
So much to write, but I can't keep my eyes open and I still have other things to do before I can go to bed!
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Friday, February 8, 2008
Here's the list:
- Cleaned/organized the garage so we can store our belongings there.
- Moved some furniture out of living room. Moved most of the furniture out of our bedroom.
- The packing is almost done. We still have one and a half tubs to do, but I finished most of the carry-ons. (There are twelve of those too!)
- Cleaned out the pantry.
- Made more granola to take and soup for the open house tomorrow.
- Finally got all our meds taken care of at the pharmacy and made another last run to Wal-mart.
Many hands get alot done!
If any of you out there would pray for good health, I would appreciate it. I can't get to my list of prayer supporters, so I'm hoping you all are checking in here. Brian is really feeling poorly, like he's getting strep throat, which is what happens when he gets run down. The kids still have colds too. Please pray that we'll all be feeling great tomorrow. I've been having trouble with migraines, but so far I don't have the cold that everyone else has. I'm scarfing down raw garlic and grapefruit seed extract. Maybe it's working! :)
Thursday, February 7, 2008
- This morning I made a batch of granola. It felt good to cook for my family again. We've been living on take-out and meals sent over from church friends.
- A dear friend came and helped Brian fill more tubs and worked on laundry. (A task only a dear friend would do!) We don't have as much space as we thought so we will be doing some picking and choosing what goes and stays tomorrow. We also packed away more books off the shelves in the living room. (We are moving our things out of the first floor so the renters can use those rooms.)
- I sewed a little on Rachel's swimsuit.
- We moved more stuff out of our bedroom. (Also has to be cleared for the renters.)
- I worked on packing up my beads and supplies to take with us. I hope to use some of that for a class of crafts for the ladies in Honduras.
- We had conference call with Mark and Brenda, the missionaries that started Little Hands to discuss what comes next and pray. I'm so glad to have some one who has been there before to give us some direction. So glad for the bond we have in Christ with them.
So, we're exhausted. I feel good about the day and I'm trying to remind myself Who is really in charge here. He is working and bringing it all to pass. I am thankful!
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
- Took boys to Dr. for physicals and all the perscriptions we might need in the next nine months in a third world country. This took all morning and I spent forever on the phone this afternoon and tonight trying to straighten out things with the insurance company. I am so thankful that the guy that called back from there seems to be on my side and is really trying to be helpful.
- Worked on packing vitamins, meds and first aid stuff, and a zillion other liquids sealed in zip lock bags.
I guess that's it. Not much to show for the day. Brian is feeling down with the kid's bad cold and I'm still fighting a migraine, so we haven't been at our best today. I have to remind myself that here is God showing Himself strong. His strength is perfected in my weakness!
I wasn't thinking about what Brian got done today... our taxes are filed! A major weight off our shoulders. Brian does them every year and he is so careful about doing it all right. Usually it's somewhat stressful and this week hasn't been an exception! So glad it's done! Brian took care of a few other loose ends.
I am hoping for a better day tomorrow!
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
- Took the girls for shots and a checkup. Poor Faith ended up getting four! She was very brave and didn't fuss. (I fell on our slippery porch steps on the way out the door, landing on my backside and arm. I'm feeling it tonight. Ouch! I am thankful that I wasn't hurt badly!)
- A friend came over and he and Brian packed seven tubs. Wahoo! (Our checked luggage is twelve, eighteen-gallon rubbermaid tubs. They will hold the bulk of our belongings.) After months of careful choosing and stockpiling of the bare neccessities that we think we'll need in Honduras, I am SO excited to finally get them in the tubs ready to go! So far it looks like we're doing great on space. Mostly due to a superior packing job on Brian and Steve's part! While the guys worked on that, I packed several carry-ons with things we don't want in the tubs and oversaw Jonathan's packing of his treasures, (mostly the essential legos).
- Moved two dressers out of our room into the girls' room to make way for the renters.
- Had supper with Grammie and Gumpy, Brian's parents. We're taking anytime we can to be with family.
- Wiped Andrew's nose nine hundred times, at least! All the kids have bad colds. We're praying that the boys won't have fevers tomorrow, so they can finish up thier shots.
Monday, February 4, 2008
- Packed up most of the kitchen
- Worked on pages of information (Dr.'s contact info, recipes, and medical info) for my notebook
- Covered a few paperback books with contact paper
Brian and a friend organized the garage.
Every bit helps!