Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Lice Aren't Nice

From that catchy title, you might have guessed what our latest test of endurance is...we picked up an annoying case of head lice. The girls and I have waist length hair so lice is a major ordeal for us. I haven't resorted to chopping our locks off yet, but I did buzz Brian and the boys' hair. I hated to cut off Andrew's strawberry blond curls, but anything to help us eradicate the nasty bugs is worth it now!
Alissa and Brian have been a great help! They spent most of Sunday afternoon boiling and bleaching all our bedding. Now if we can just get it to dry! It seems the rainy season has started a month early as we have had downpours all week. We just learned about a place in Trujillo where we can have things washed and DRIED all in the same day! I know that isn't an earth shattering idea to you all back in the states, but here for me, that's really exciting! Many of the things we washed days ago are still wet, so this place could be a real blessing to us now. I'm hoping that we can take care of our mountain of laundry tomorrow.
So, if you think of us this week...pray that we'll be able to get rid of all the unwanted guests in our place and that they don't come back!


Oct.3 Update....Happiness is two laundry baskets full of clean and dry and folded clothes! My shirts, that had continued to stretch out more and more at each hand washing session at the pila, look like they are back to the original size after shrinking in the dryer. I'm quite pleased and plan to utilize the laundry mat in the future!

7 comments:

Janel said...

Oh Sara! I'm sooo sorry to hear that! I'll be praying for a quick resolve.

{{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

Dear Sara,
What a mess this must be for you. I will be praying for your success in eradicating those unwanted critters from your hair and wherever else they may be taking up residency. Too bad about Andrew's curls...but they will grow back, cute as ever.

Thanks, as always, for keeping us up-to-date; for the upbeat and fun way you describe your world; and most of all, for the important work you are doing in His Kingdom.

Love in Christ,
Sue Calhoun

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

Hey Sara,

eewww...been there done that while living in Panama...so not fun!! I'm so sorry you are dealing with that. We love you guys are are continuing to pray for you!

Jayna said...

Sara,

I'm sorry to hear about the lice! Eck, just thinking about it makes my head itch... I hope by now you've won the battle ;)

Thanks for your note about the laundry mat. It makes me think about all the things we take for granted here. I mean, who would think to look at doing laundry as a blessing?? (okay, maybe I'm just speaking for myself here...) Anyway, thanks for the perspective!

We'll be keeping you, your family and Carolee and Linda in our prayers this week! Keep up the great work!

God bless,
jayna

Anonymous said...

Dear Sara: Hope the lice situation is under control by now. Have been keeping you all in prayer daily. Enjoy the week and a half with Linda and Carolee! I pray that God has many uses for them while they are there and that they may be a great encouragement to you. Pam Desilets

Anonymous said...

Dear Sara: Hope the lice situation is under control by now. Have been keeping you all in prayer daily. Enjoy the week and a half with Linda and Carolee! I pray that God has many uses for them while they are there and that they may be a great encouragement to you. Pam Desilets

waYne waGner said...

HI Sara and Brian!! Here's a blast from your past: Its me, Shannon Wagner from RBC. You may remember me from your freshman class, Sara. Hope so! I have a question for you - would you be interested in having someone come and work with you guys for about a week just after Christmas this year? A friend of mine has that week and wants to serve somewhere.....For more info, you can email me at shanwag(at)gmail(dot)com. I hope all is well for you and I hope to hear from you soon!!!! Blessings! Love, Shannon