Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Yogurt!

Today my mom came down to help pack. We went through more kitchen cabinets. Before we started, she showed me how she has perfected making yogurt in a Styrofoam ice chest with a hot rice bag to keep the temp warm enough to grow the culture. We made a batch on the kitchen counter. It came out perfect! This is something that I hope to make alot in Honduras. Yogurt is so good for you and what mom makes is so yummy! We won't be able to get "real" milk there. Its either canned or made from powdered milk. And neither of those win any taste awards with us. If we can make plenty of yogurt, we can use it in place of milk on cereal and over fruit. I also want to experiment with using unsweetened/plain yogurt as a substitute for sour cream. That one my take a little more convincing for my family!

1 comment:

Amy said...

wha-hoo :-) I'm so glad it worked! Would have loved to have been there today.

Love you!!