Sunday, November 25, 2007

Empty Eyes, Empty Heart

This small boy didn't smile when I snapped his picture. I wonder if his sad expression is a reflection of the hopelessness that he and his family feel everyday as they fight against poverty and injustice. I wonder when and what he had to eat. Do the hunger pains make it hard to think and learn? Most of all I wonder if just as his eyes are empty of joy, is his heart empty of the love of Jesus? And then I am reminded of why we want to go...









"Let the little children to come to me and forbid them not, for of such is the kingdom of heaven." Matt 19:14




9 comments:

Amy said...

Great begining Sara :-)

love you!!

Carolee said...

This looks great Sara! Good Job!

Mark and Brenda said...

Hi Sara, Brian and Family,
What a great blog! We know that God will continue to use you to glorify Him as you make your transition to Honduras. Remember, all you do is for the Lord. May He guide you in your decisions in the next couple of months. Love ya in the Lord, Mark and Brenda

Carolee said...

Hi Sara, I showed Steve your blog. He wanted to post this: "I really enjoyed the story and pictures. Good job!"
We are praying that your trip will be great. Say hello to Mark, Brenda and Shane!
love Carolee & Steve

Amy said...

Greetings :-) You are in my thoughts and prayers with Much Love ~

Amy said...

*ding*

this is a friendly reminder that it is now time to up-date your blog :-D

Janel said...

It looks like a great start! Let me know if you want me to link to see if you can get more support. :)

Wonderful!

Amy said...

Happy [day after your] Birthday to you :-) LOVE YOU!!

Amy said...

Surprise! I've left a poem and picture for/of/about you on my blog :-)

-Much love ~